Senior Laboratory Software Implementer/Custom Project Developer
As part of the Implementation team, the Senior Implementer/Custom Project Developer provides technical leadership in the successful implementation of CSols solutions globally. All CSols systems are installed in and around analytical laboratories and which generally involve some kind of integration with a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and may include laboratory instruments.
Many installed systems involve our standard products and even these generally need fairly complex configuration. However, there is a steady demand for customized projects. These may be customized variants of existing CSols products or they may be entirely novel applications (and some of these may subsequently receive wider development effort to turn them into products). We are looking for someone who is extremely capable technically and who can tackle anything that is put in front of them.
These systems vary in implementation effort from about a man week to many man months – the larger ones normally requiring several people working on them and some degree of (sometimes formal) project management). Systems implementation generally requires a large percentage of the effort to be onsite with the customer – this is mainly in the UK but increasingly abroad.
What would I be doing in this role at CSols?
- Implement whatever systems are purchased by our customers from the simple to the complex
- Understand existing code base, and be able to add new and modified features to CSols applications
- Integrate applications with other laboratory and business systems
- Meet with scientists and lab personnel to develop a deep understanding of their environment and needs
- Develop creative (sometimes non-technical) solutions to unique problems
- Work with the CSols team and customers to automate laboratory workflows and data collection
- Work collaboratively in our small, highly experienced, technical team
- Provide tier-2 technical support to users of CSols / customer data management systems.
- Carry out implementation of CSols software at customer sites, UK and abroad
- Understand specific laboratory processes and create user requirements documents as required
- Assist with support of customers post implementation
- Work with other members of staff on projects and where necessary carrying out project management
- Assist the Sales team with demos, trials / proof of concept, presentations and visits to customers
- Assist the Sales team with technical responses to RFPs / RFIs
- Any other duties to help CSols eg testing, training and customer support team assistance as needed
Experience / Qualifications
- Substantial relevant work experience and experience working with relevant programming technologies
- Computer Science / Science degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree in any of the above fields if work experience requirements are not met
- Programming experience with VB6 and. NET
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases – including SQL and access off databases from .Net
- Knowledge of networking TCP/IP and WiFi
- Knowledge of serial communications
- Analytical Laboratory experience
- Clean driving licence and up to date passport. Ability and inclination to travel and be away from home for a significant amount of time (perhaps 2-3 nights a week on average)
- Good communication skills
- Work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to manage own time
Job Ref #CS1012A
Type of Position: Full-time
Location: Cheshire Office or home based with visits to office/customer sites as required.
eMail your CV to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.
CSols Ltd is registered in England and Wales
Company Registration Number 3918227
VAT Number GB 539 6933 95
No Recruitment Agencies please